Technology now underpins much of what we do; in the commerce space, it has become an enabler in what is very much a repetitive process-driven space - by allowing us to systemise common tasks/functions. While much focus has been placed on consumer-driven eCommerce, often the opportunities in the Business to Business (B2B) space have been overlooked. Having worked with a number of B2B businesses, we have seen enormous opportunities for custom software in the B2B space; but the goals and challenges faced in B2B are often different from regular, consumer-based platforms...
Online commerce (or eCommerce) is essentially the process of facilitating commercial transactions online. Using technology, businesses can advertise their wares, promote products and facilitate sales - tracking the sale from purchase through to delivery. But while consumer-facing solutions are focused on wider, target markets, B2B solutions are often working with a vetted group of consumers that are knowledgeable and looking to purchase in more sophisticated platforms.
Some of the features we have seen to be useful in B2B platforms include:
- The provision of marketing material about the product - to help with the on sale
- Registration and Approval process for Customers
- The ability to split payments over multiple payment providers
- The ability to order in bulk amounts
- Bulk pricing discounts
- The ability to re-order from past orders
- Quick and easy access to documentation of prior Orders - ie Invoices;
- Purchase of Products not in-stock, but in-bound;
- The ability to manage multiple warehouses
- Management of flexible shipping options;
- … and more
As is evident from our experience - many of these features are unique to B2B solutions and as such, a system that is tailored to a B2B environment can have a great impact on facilitating transactions in B2B environments.
If your business is selling directly to other businesses in a B2B environment, consider how you can adopt technology to facilitate the process. We have worked with a wide range of merchants in the B2B space across a broad range of industries and can help to identify opportunities to improve your efficiency and effectiveness. Contact us today for more information.